I often hear horror stories, well maybe not horror stories as such but bad experiences with resin... Personally I think resin is one of those products you either love or hate... I loved it first time and have never looked back. Sure I have a made lots of mistakes but I think that is helpful in understanding a product. My advice with resin is to start small and work up... and practice with it first... Learn about your product!! I have just made a quick video on the basic of pouring resin.. I have not really done videos before so I hope this is ok, feel free to ask any questions.
A couple of things I forgot to mention...
- Methylated Spirits will break the resin down the resin for cleaning hands and spill.s. (no so good with getting it out off fabric and fibres)
- The working time of resin does vary, this 2-1 is about 25-30 minutes after that time you will see where you have added more resin..
- Always scrape down the sides of your container when mixing.
- This is my own brand of resin, - I have 5 different types of resin, but these are the most popular sellers.
- 375ml (2-1) Glass resin (doming resin) is $29
- 250ml (1-1) Art Gloss is $19
- 375ml (2-1) Wood Resin is $29